Upupupu... welcome back!

Chapter 2: (Ab)Normal Days

Jason Brant

SHSL : Jack of All Trades

Re: Chapter 2: (Ab)Normal Days

Post by Jason Brant on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:26 pm

Jason rolled his eyes at Lisa and looked up at the younger boy.

"Well, we came in here to check out this room, but it looks like you've already got that covered!"

Still, he looked around but stopped short on a small white box. "That's a Wii. They gave us a Wii. Does it work? What kinda games do we have?"

He ran over with a giddy little grin on his face.
    Joshua Lee

SHSL : Superhero

Post by Joshua Lee on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:27 pm

Josh jumped up at his sudden excitement.

"I- I dunno, I only checked the computers," he stuttered, wide-eyed.
    Lisa Field

SHSL : Wheelchair Racer

Post by Lisa Field on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:28 pm

Lisa's eyes filled with fire.

"If there is Mario Kart, I will destroy you at Mario Kart."
    Monobear

SHSL : Despair

Post by Monobear on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:28 pm

The pitter-patter of tiny round feet could be heard as Monobear appeared in Jason McDorne's room.

He looked around and then made a fake gasp when he saw the barricade at the door. "After all the effort I put into keeping these rooms nice and clean for you rotten kids, you go and make a mess in front of the door. Didn't your parents ever teach you respect?"

Post by Martin Crane on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:29 pm

Martin grumbled quietly, not meeting eye contact with either, "I could lift 75..., not that I'd help-..."

Realizing there was a chance to redeem the conversation, however, Martin added, "Can't say I've ever really tried dancing." He attempted a joke, "The Macarena doesn't really count does it?" He laughed nervously, still embarassed.

Post by Miranda Tawfeek on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:31 pm

"Which does explain why it sounded faked," Miranda paused, eyes flicking to see if Caleb reacted to that.

"Was that blunt? You appear to have been trying for the London dialect, which is fairly common among those who imitate. But there's a few vocal cues that give you off as, of course, faking."

Post by Caleb Canterbury on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:33 pm

"Ah..." he trailed off, not sure how to respond. "Do you suppose the others are suspicious?"
    Jason Brant

Post by Jason Brant on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:34 pm

Jason turned to Cobalt and tilted his head. "Anything interesting on them? Any files that say who did this or where we are or something else important?"

He turned to Lisa and cowered a bit before grinning. "And you'll win every round of Mario Kart, but I will ruin you in Mario Party." He looked through the shelf of games and picked out Mario Kart Wii and Mario Party 8. "And both of them are here!"
    Jordan Gray

SHSL : Hypnotist

Post by Jordan Gray on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:35 pm

"If they don't listen after all that, it's going to be a hard case." Jordan said, "I suppose I could bring it up at the next meal."
    Joshua Lee

Post by Joshua Lee on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:35 pm

Josh was shocked by their casual demeanor.

"The computers were wiped and running on what looks like 98. No internet connection either. But..."

He sighed and stood.

"Aren't you two the least bit... concerned? About things other than whose better with some Wii games?"

Post by Jason McDorne on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:36 pm

Jason dropped the shirt he was holding, screaming bloody murder when he heard Monobear's voice.

"M-m-m-mr. Mono-o-bear!" He nearly shrieked.

"I c-can expl-ai-ain!" He felt faint. The thoughts going through his mind were not fun at all, in fact, he remembered what happened to Antoine. "I c-can move it back! When we l-leave! I-I don't leave messes l-like some other people! Ya won't notice!"
    Lisa Field

SHSL : Wheelchair Racer

Post by Lisa Field on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:41 pm

Lisa turned to Josh.

"What's worrying going to do for us?" she sighed, "Look, sometimes you've just gotta let the past be that- the past."

Post by Miranda Tawfeek on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:41 pm

"Suspicious behavior I have not spotted, mainly because people act differently around me now," Miranda sighed, shoulders relaxing, "That, and some get defensive around others. Usually, you'll compare a person to a psychological profile built on previous information to see if something is uncharacteristic. It's less... accurate off the bat."

"For now, I simply consider everyone as a threat to both others and themselves."

Post by Ruby Nylund on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:44 pm

Ruby clapped her hands together, as though dusting them off.

"That's settled. You guys wanna look around more?" She pulled up the maps, trying to spot any points of interest.

"If it's info we want, I'm thinkin' the media room. Or mebbe the lounge has books or somethin'."
    Jason Brant

Post by Jason Brant on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:46 pm

Jason started played with his headband as he spoke. "Yeah, I'm terrified. We've been kidnapped, we can't remember anything before that, and what, four pretty good people have died so far? I'm definitely terrified."

He looked up and gave a tired smile. "But if it comes to it, wanna have some fun on my last day, yanno?" He looked back down and mumbled. "Also, Judas would kill me himself if I locked myself up in our room and did nothing, so..."
    Monobear

SHSL : Despair

Post by Monobear on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:46 pm

Monobear giggled at Jason's fright. "Now, now, you know I can't go letting students off the hook for their messy behavior! You'll all be staying here for some time, so you'll have to learn to coexist!"

Monobear approached Jason's dresser and picked it up as if it was light as a feather, then returned it to it's original place. "There, much better. But the air seems a little stale in here. My little bear nose is all wrinkled up!"

Moving back to the door, Monobear drew back a fist and punched with all his might. Jason's door flew into the hallway and landed with a thud. It was was bent and unusable.

"Now don't go being messy anymore! And definitely don't try blocking your door frame with anything! I'll know if you do!" At that, the bear meandered down the hallway without a trace.

Post by Caleb Canterbury on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:54 pm

"Threats are ever present, so long as Monobear dictates our futures," Caleb agreed. "We can stay in here and further discuss profiles but in the end, we are doing nothing to move the story along. In a scenario like this, I would think someone like you would prefer to seek information wherever possible."

In a second, his usual smug grin returned to his face, as did his faux London accent to his voice.

"Do you not agree?"
    Aris Hanno

SHSL : Police Officer

Post by Aris Hanno on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Aris laughed. "I think saying you can do the macarena is like saying uh... bein' an eagle scout's the same as a cub scout. or somethin'. All I know of macarena is that it's just some arm motions and bopping your feet like you're a tween at an awkward disco."
    Jaden Masters

SHSL : Hip-Hop Dancer

Post by Jaden Masters on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:02 pm

Jason put his hands up as if to shush Aris. "Naw, Aris, c'mon. There's an art to the macarena. Not just anybody can really feel the groove of bad 1990s music. Shit takes dedication."
    Joshua Lee

Post by Joshua Lee on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:04 pm

"But... people..." Josh let out a loud sigh and flopped back on the couch.

"Just let me know if there's a dancing game."

Post by Jason McDorne on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:06 pm

Jason's mind quickly went into panic mode. Oh god, he was gonna die. He was gonna die. Goodbye sweet world and all it's beautiful things, it's been a fun almost-two-decades.

That dresser was going to turn him into mush. It was hard to even move it, but the bear could somehow do so easily. He skidded back when it didn't land on him, but what happened next...

Before the door could even hit the wall, Jason was out cold. Man down! Man down!

Post by Miranda Tawfeek on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:09 pm

"Oh Caleb, you certainly can wield a weapon like you do a pen!" Miranda gave a now-rare laugh, a hand at her mouth.

"Perhaps we can convene at your room at the night to discuss. I have no grievances, as I am very sure of my ability to overpower any of the students. But if you do not trust me, then, I can see why."

Post by Martin Crane on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:10 pm

"I'd offer to show you the macarena, but I don't really think i need to put myself through that again." Martin said, withholding the fact he thought Aris's comparison made no sense. It took a fair bit of effort for him to just let it go, but he'd manage it for now.

"An...art? I mean, some people macarena better than others," Martin caught himself taking Jaden too seriously, and stopped himself. Let it go, he reminded himself.
    Aris Hanno

SHSL : Police Officer

Post by Aris Hanno on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Aris shrugged. "I don't dance," She stated, as if that explained everything.

"I guess I could get it if I did. But... eh. I was that kid who just ate all the food at dances and left."

Post by Caleb Canterbury on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:18 pm

Caleb nodded.

"I cannot see any reason to decline. Although..."

"Repeat this not but Jason McDorne used to share the room with me. But he has not spoken to me since Miss Kuva's passing. It's almost as though he has rejected me," Caleb thought out loud, despondent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:50 am