Upupupu... welcome back!

Chapter 2: (Ab)Normal Days

Jason Brant

SHSL : Jack of All Trades

Re: Chapter 2: (Ab)Normal Days

Post by Jason Brant on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:43 pm

Jason watched as Martin just missed the bulls-eye and whistled. "Nice job!" After a second, he grinned. "Guess youu really scouted out how to throw that thing...pfffbt..." He hid his laughter semi-decently.

He turned to Lisa at the mention of vitamin water. "Do they have that one flavor that's just labeled XXX? What was it, blueberry-acai or something?"
    Lisa Field

SHSL : Wheelchair Racer

Post by Lisa Field on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:45 pm

Lisa took the pouch from her mouth.

"Ummm..." she shuffled a few bottles around. "Yup! Heads up!"

She took the bottle in her free hand and lobbed it over to Jason.

Post by Jason McDorne on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:45 pm

Jason looked at Aris, confused. He needed a second to think.

"Uh. Yeah, she was all bubbly before. It's like she pulled a complete 180," He shrugged, "I haven't really talked to her. Any time I did she just... was really subtly mean. And I haven't gone near her since she started acting like a freezer! Beats me what she is. Probably an actor."

Post by Martin Crane on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:45 pm

A small grin appeared on Martin's face.
    "Dragonfruit, or green if they have that." Little did Martin know that green wasn't technically a flavor.

The small grin turned to confusion at Jason's comment, "I what- Oh. OH." Martin realized the pun far too late.

Post by Miranda Tawfeek on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:46 pm

Miranda nodded, following Caleb with a strict five step distance behind him. The garden again? A small smile tugged on her lips.

"Mmm, a proposition if you will. I believe you're the only one who would understand."

Post by Claire Vilosi on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:46 pm

"Already doing mine," Claire said, focusing intently on her own handywork. She had chosen a light yellow color that complimented the rest of her outfit nicely. "I've been doing my own nails since I came out of the womb, I'm surprised they don't call me the Super High School Level Nail Artist." Within moments she was moving on to her second hand. "I've been meaning to redo my nails anyway."
    Lisa Field

Post by Lisa Field on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:47 pm

With a nod, she grabbed a bottle full of green and lobbed it over.

"Man, at this rate I might even be able to make it as a barista!"

Post by Caleb Canterbury on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:48 pm

A small grin stretched Caleb's mouth. He took a seat beneath the apple tree, inhaling the fresh scent that brought back memories. Then he looked up at Miranda.

"You have piqued my interest. Please, extrapolate," he told her.
    Jason Brant

Post by Jason Brant on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:48 pm

Jason caught the bottle, stumbling back a bit. "I've already said it, but damn Lisa, that's one hell of an arm you got there!" He unscrewed the bottle and took a sip, savoring the delicious vitamin filled goodness.

He laughed as the pun clicked for Martin. "That one was bad, sorry."
    Jordan Gray

SHSL : Hypnotist

Post by Jordan Gray on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:49 pm

Jordan lit up noticeably when Ruby asked to do her nails. "Yes!" she said, putting down the green nail polish she had chosen.
    "My nails haven't been painted in so long," Jordan admitted, sitting next to Claire, "I should be taking notes."

Last edited by Jordan Gray on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Joshua Lee

SHSL : Superhero

Post by Joshua Lee on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:49 pm

The computer whirred on and greeted Josh with rolling green hills.

"Ugh...this won't be fun..."

He propped his chin on a folded hand and began to navigate the grey drop down of generic folders.
    Jaden Masters

SHSL : Hip-Hop Dancer

Post by Jaden Masters on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:50 pm

Jaden sighed. "I dunno, I don't really care what her talent is," he said. "Honestly I just wish she could be a little less... volatile?" He shook his head. "Or something, I dunno. She's just always going back and forth from nice to nuts. Whatever."

Post by Miranda Tawfeek on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:51 pm

Miranda moved to stand in front of Caleb, arms crossed.

"You are a writer. No doubt you've explored the depths and spectrums of human emotions," She drawled, looking at the fingernails on her right hand and then looking at Caleb.

"I'd like to read it."

Post by Martin Crane on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Martin caught the green stuff like a professional bottle catcher.
    "He's right," Martin agreed with Jason, "You've got a mean throw."

Agreeing with Jason again, Martin added, "That joke was awful by comparison." Still, he was chuckling quietly.

Post by Claire Vilosi on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:53 pm

Claire's face lit up with a smirk. "That's probably a good thing. Nails get gross after a while if you keep painting them. I don't like to think about what mine look like without nail polish. Maybe I need to detox myself of paint."

She grinned, stopping her work to turn and look at Jordan. "Or nah."

Post by Caleb Canterbury on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:54 pm

Caleb blinked up at Miranda.

"I beg your pardon?" he asked.
    Lisa Field

Post by Lisa Field on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:55 pm

Lisa tucked the empty juice pouch in her wheelchair pouch and rocked back and forth.

"Do we wanna keep moving, or relax and play some games? Or maybe mess up that shelf of decorative pool balls. I wonder what Monobear would think if we swapped two of them..."

Post by Ruby Nylund on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:56 pm

Ruby let out a light laugh as she sat opposite Jordan.

"Mebbe not from me," Ruby responded, grabbing a base coat from the salon table drawers. "I never did another girl's nails."

Slowly, she began applying a clear coat of polish on Jordan's left thumb. The strong scent of acetone was wavering around the room.

Post by Miranda Tawfeek on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:56 pm

"I want to read your works," Miranda repeated, an edge crawling into her voice.

"It would be rude just to watch people, wouldn't it? I do not want to amass a reputation as one who simply watches people go about their daily lives," She sighed, gritting her teeth. "What I am going on about here is that... Oh, fuck it." Miranda waved a hand.

"I believe I wasted your time."
    Aris Hanno

SHSL : Police Officer

Post by Aris Hanno on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:57 pm

Aris looked bummed out.

"Aw cmon, I thought you two'd love to gossip!" She sighed, frowning. She looked at Jason. "Actor, eh? Probably would explain that, though. Er... never acted. Dunno if actors can get all weird like that."
    Joshua Lee

SHSL : Superhero

Post by Joshua Lee on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:58 pm

After a bit of searching Josh opened the documents folder and Internet Explorer. He minimized the documents.

"It's not connecting... but is there no internet, or too much Explorer?" He sighed.
    Jordan Gray

SHSL : Hypnotist

Post by Jordan Gray on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:00 pm

Jordan leaned back and said, "If my nails are so healthy now, I can afford poisoning them lil a bit," Looking at her hands, she noticed the nails looked a lot less chewed up than usual. She took a peek at Claire's handy work and whistled, "You really are Super High School Level Nail Artist!"

As Ruby started applying the clear layer, Jordan seemed slightly confused: that wasn't green. However, she wouldn't question it, Ruby probably knew way more than she did about nail polish.
    "I don't think it can be too much harder, doing someone else's nails." she smiled.

Post by Caleb Canterbury on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:01 pm

Caleb seemed startled at Miranda's request. He looked at the grass that was staining his beige pants.

"N-no! It's-," he sputtered. "I don't think you'd have any interest in reading my plays.."
    Jason Brant

Post by Jason Brant on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Jason turned to the decorative pool ball display and stared at it for a short while. "He'd probably show up and complain about how we were being delinquents," he paused. "I dunno if I wanna get on his bad side just yet."

Then he turned back to the pool balls already set out, pausing for a moment, then smiling. "I'm just gonna casually take three of these." And he did, picking up the eight, nine and ten balls, and dropping them into his bag. He looked at the other two and shrugged. "Judas likes juggling."

Post by Ruby Nylund on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:04 pm

"Prolly not," Ruby agreed, moving on to Jordan's right hand. "It's like paintin' a picture. An' I got a good canvas." She smiled up at Jordan, tilting her head. Then she stopped for a moment to observe Claire's work.

"You like doin' make-up too, Claire?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:49 am