Upupupu... welcome back!

Day 2: (Ab)normal Days

Re: Day 2: (Ab)normal Days

Post by Avery Abbott on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:35 am

Just as monobear finished his monologue, the keurig coughed out the last remnants of whatever hellish concoction was in Avery's cup. He quickly snatched it up.

"... Alright. That was much less horrifying than I expected it to be," he snorted, unamused.

Well, it looked like coffee, the smell was... off though. And hot. Avery wasn't going to be drinking that anytime soon.
    Lux Liddane

SHSL : Rock Star

Post by Lux Liddane on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:35 am

"Sfuper Hff Fkool Forbiguf?" Lux garbled through their maw of zesty omelette. Their eyes were watery, not from the bear's words, but from the wild jumble of spices that they dumped into their breakfast. Having neglected to get a drink, all they could do was slap the table in quick succession until they were able to swallow everything down with a heaving gasp.

"How are we gonna keep people safe???" they finally exclaimed.

Post by Miranda Tawfeek on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:37 am

Miranda shrugged, moving to grab some breakfast for herself. "We don't," Miranda was pretty brutally simple.

"Someone's going to eventually kill someone, the best you can do is have it not be you."
    Ariel Sullivan

SHSL : Dungeon Master

Post by Ariel Sullivan on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:38 am

Ariel huffed after she heard Monokuma's address. It was at least nice to know that whatever this demonic bear robot was, it cared about consistency and was at least accountable. She sauntered over Avery after smelling whatever sort of concoction he made.

"Uh, Avery, that doesn't smell like coffee. I was going to ask for some, but uh..."
    Cobalt

SHSL : Superhero

Post by Cobalt on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:39 am

"No!" Cobalt shook his head vigorously. "If he work together, no one needs to die!" He hopped down from his perch.

"There must be something we can do!"

Post by Jason McDorne on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:40 am

Jason let loose a breath he had been holding in.

"... Were people really sleeping in the halls?" His eyes darted from person to person. Some people looked tired?

Post by Judas Riley on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:41 am

Judas scanned around the room idly during Monobear's address, spotted Jason, and visibly relaxed. Miranda's cruel words inspire an eyeroll out of him.

"It's cheesy, but the blueberry's right. If we work together, we'll be fine. Don't freak everyone out for no good reason, would ya?"
    Ariel Sullivan

SHSL : Dungeon Master

Post by Ariel Sullivan on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:42 am

Ariel listened intently as Cobalt and the others discussed their impending fate.

"We made it through one day of emotional torture. The question, though, is if we can make two or three. Or a month's worth. Monobear's going to relentlessly give us those 'motives', but if we can watch our own world be destroyed in front of our very own eyes, then there's nothing that can stop us."

She smirked. "We got this. No need for any fancy plans - just endurance."

Last edited by Ariel Sullivan on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Isaac Arkwright

SHSL : Airbursh Artist

Post by Isaac Arkwright on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:43 am

Isaac stared in abject horror as the Keurig evacuated its ghastly liquid. He wrote on his notebook, "You're not gonna drink that, are you?" and held it up to Avery with a raised eyebrow.

He had been ignoring the buzzing on his wrist, and when he finally looked at it realized what had just happened. Great, he had to be reminded. Isaac grit his teeth and put the notebook down. He didn't feel hungry anymore.
    Lisa Field

SHSL : Wheelchair Racer

Post by Lisa Field on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:43 am

Lisa fumbled with her hands in her lap.

"I wanna agree, but... what exactly can we do?  When people wanna keep someone somewhere, they can be... thorough. And it doesn't seem like money's an object, whoever's doing this."  Her gaze shifted around before settling on Judas, brow knit with worry.

Post by Miranda Tawfeek on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:45 am

Miranda shrugged. "Ariel has a point- we have someone actively trying to do this. Who's to say he won't make the first move and make us think one of us did it? It's inevitable in my opinion- it's not like we're all friends singing kumbayah around a campfire right now."
    Rachel Kuva

SHSL : Color Commentator

Post by Rachel Kuva on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:45 am

Rachel watched the absolute creatures collected around the Keurig with intense interest, almost immediately forgetting about Monobear's murderspeech.

"I wonder if all that Monster is gonna get stuck in the pipes ... maybe all the coffee it makes is gonna taste like that, now ... well, it's a really good day to not like coffee, I guess!"

Post by Avery Abbott on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:48 am

Avery narrowed his eyes at Issac. "Yeah? I'm tired, stressed, and I need to work."

He put it up to his face and started to chug it, stumbling back when he finished, making a groan of pain because it was, still, very hot coffee fresh from the keurig sphincter.

Post by Claire Vilosi on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:50 am

Claire crossed her arms. "I appreciate all of your positive outlooks," she said sarcastically.

"If nothing else, we can all stay safe by just sticking to our rooms at night. If we care about survival, that should be the gameplan, right?"
    Jordan Gray

SHSL : Hypnotist

Post by Jordan Gray on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:50 am

Jordan seemed surprised by Ariel, but pleasantly so.

"That's a new perspective, Ariel," She said, "But I agree, we merely have to endure. There's nothing we can't take as I believe the bear won't physically harm us."
    She turned to Miranda, however, annoyed someone had to immediately turn it into a negative, "There are things we can do to prevent that. Assign buddies to everyone for example."

Post by Jacob Reyes on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:50 am

Jacob slowly drank the rest of his tea while taking in the conversation around him. Eventually, he deposited his cup in the sink and snuck out of the kitchen in the midst of all the commotion.

Post by Antoine Duvall on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:52 am

Antoine shoved his hands in his pockets and shifted his weight.

"That's not working together, Claire.  Working together means trusting each other enough to not stab us in the back.  And frankly, I don't know how reasonable that is.  We won't know a motive got to someone until we find a corpse."

Last edited by Antoine Duvall on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Miranda Tawfeek on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:52 am

"If I was monobear, like three days of people doing that means I'd rip all the doors off!" Miranda thought about it, "But really. I half expected someone to die around now. I wouldn't call us friends, you know?"

She was watching Avery from her position on the counter. Well, that was better than expected.

Post by Patrick LaMonte on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:54 am

Patrick's hand started quivering. Soon, the apple he held against his forehead mashed into bits. At the sight of his own mess, Patrick sighed. He got up from his slouch and looked at the group.

"I'm not going to be an embarrassment anymore," he muttered under his breath.

He walked over to Cobalt and gave him an apologetic look. As he listened to students propose ideas, Patrick's face lit up.

"I think we should stick to having a watch group. That way, we can make sure that everyone is going to their rooms, and we know that no one in the watch group will kill anyone. This time, though, I'm not going to screw up. P-promise!" he exclaimed, just a little teary.
    Dark Nakhti

SHSL : Assassin

Post by Dark Nakhti on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:54 am

Dark hovered behind Antoine, nodding in agreement despite being entirely too overwhelmed to understand a single word that was being spoken.
    Lux Liddane

SHSL : Rock Star

Post by Lux Liddane on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:56 am

Lux munched their omelette, not even coming up for air despite the murder-centered conversation. The only time they ceased was to affirm Jordan's comment and dismiss Miranda's.

"That's not true! We're all out here tryna survive! If we work together, we'll make it out!" Lux responded. "An' Patrick's right! We can still do the watch group in shifts!"

Post by Jason McDorne on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:58 am

Jason finally piped up. "What about monobear? He seems really adamant about having us kill each other... what if he like. Injects one of us with do-a-murder juice?"
    Martin Crane

SHSL : Boy Scout

Post by Martin Crane on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Martin rubbed his temples as Monobear appeared, looking ready to pop. As soon as the bear disappeared down the sink he was ready to get mad.

"Alright if want to prevent any murders we need to actually plan something!"

"We already have a watch group!" He said to Patrick, "I saw them last night. And I suppose it did work, because there were no murders, so perhaps we should assign watch roles." He started to pace a little bit, "We could make sure everyone gets food prior to the nighttime. Then have a system where we make sure everyone gets to their rooms and does not leave."

"Or the buddy system," He said, looking at Jordan.

Post by Claire Vilosi on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Claire persisted on her point, getting a little frustrated. "The best way to work together is to watch out for ourselves. Lock your doors at night, only meet in groups of several people, and we'll all survive this. Besides, we're being fed."

"What's that sports thing people say? The best offense is a great defense, right?"
    Jason Brant

SHSL : Jack of All Trades

Post by Jason Brant on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 pm

"Oh, a watch group is a good idea ... I'm in! We can do this if we work together, for sure."

There's a light smile on Jason's face. "Even if we can't each individually trust everybody else, together as one big interconnected web ... we probably do, right?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:53 am